You may have noticed a mouse infestation in your kitchen when you were preparing a cup of coffee. Mice droppings on the kitchen counter are a familiar sight in a rodent-infested household, but the harm that rodents do extends far beyond the unhygienic conditions of their waste.
How To Make My House Unattractive To Rodents?
Rodents seek refuge, food, and water in their search for a place to call home. Every time a place has everything they need, people move in and start having babies at an alarmingly rapid rate! Rodents, on the other hand, are drawn to our homes because they require the same things that people do. However, there are things we may do to lessen the appeal of our houses. You must seal anything that might be edible because rodents aren’t fussy eaters. To keep rodents out of your house, use these suggestions:
- Disinfect and re-sanitize all areas used for food preparation and consumption.
- Floors should be vacuumed every day.
- Garbage should be taken out and bins should always have lids on them.
- Ideally, you should wash your dishes after every meal, at the very least once a day.
- Keep pet food and pantry items in airtight containers, such as glass or plastic.
- Mice can get into your home through the tiniest of gaps, so plug them up with caulk or other materials.
- Make sure to seal surrounding doors with door sweeps and weatherstripping.
- Maintaining a clean and clutter-free house will help keep rodents away from your property.
- In the garage, attic, or closet, store holiday decorations and extra clothing in airtight plastic bins.
- Rodents can jump, so keep tree limbs and bushes at least six feet away from the roof of your home.
Rodent Control in Chicago Has Been Our Business for a Long Time.
Due to the rapidity of rodent reproduction, we frequently advise homeowners to contact a 24-hour pest control company as soon as they see a rodent problem. Your rat problem will be taken care of by a team of pest control experts with years of experience and education on hand when you call us. As part of our service, we’ll assist you in figuring out How Do Rodents Get Into The House and devise an exclusion plan to keep them out. To protect yourself and your home, get rid of those pesky rodents as soon as possible!
AND Exterminators can assist you in controlling the rodent population before it multiplies and takes over your property. Call our pest control Chicago firm at (773) 945-0727 for help on How Do I Get Rid of Rats In Chicago and extermination treatments available.